What is Hacktoberfest?
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of open source software run by DigitalOcean in partnership with GitHub and other companies.
- Hacktoberfest is open to everyone in our global community!
- 4 valid pull requests must be submitted to public GitHub repositories.
- You can sign up anytime between October 1 and October 31.
What do you need to do before making contributions?
- Create a GitHub account (Sign up here)
- Register for Hacktoberfest using your GitHub account (Register here)
- Check if you have Git installed on your computer, if you don’t then install it here
- Hacktoberfest is open to everyone in our global community. Whether you’re a seasoned contributor or looking for projects to contribute to for the first time, you’re welcome to participate.
- Pull requests can be made in any GitHub-hosted repositories/projects. As long as the project is public and GitHub-hosted, your pull requests will count toward your participation.
- You can sign up anytime between October 1 and October 31. Just be sure to sign up on the official Hacktoberfest website for your pull requests to count.
To get a shirt, you must make four pull requests (PRs) between October 1–31 in any time zone. Pull requests can be to any public repository on GitHub, not just the ones highlighted. The pull request must contain commits you made yourself. If a maintainer reports your pull request as spam, it will not be counted toward your participation in Hacktoberfest. If a maintainer reports behavior that’s not in line with the project’s code of conduct, you will be ineligible to participate. This year, the first 75,000 participants can earn a T-shirt.
Learn How to Contribute in Open Source: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorial_series/an-introduction-to-open-source Some Open Souce projects to start contribute:
Explore More Opensource Projects eligible for Hacktoberfest 2020: click on this text to find more opensource projects for hacktoberfest 2020 Some FAQS:
Q. What will you get if you participate in it ?
A limited edition T-shirt for FREE!
Q.What if I don’t make at least four pull requests by midnight October 31?
As long as you registered for Hacktoberfest, you’ll still get some free stickers in the mail. So it’s still worth registering,
even if you’re too busy to participate.
Q. I completed four pull requests. When will I receive my T-shirt? T-shirts (or the option to plant a tree) will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis to the first 70,000 participants who successfully complete the Hacktoberfest challenge. We’ll start sending out emails with more details on redeeming T-shirts throughout the month, so stay tuned. Global stats for Hacktoberfest 2019
PULL REQUESTS OPENED
To Know more about open source checkout this article:
Originally published at https://blog.teachmebro.com.